Hello Quad Cities! Jackie, Sydney (standing), Ginny (held) and I are thrilled to be serving this growing community through the many offerings at our store! The opportunity (as a family) to step back into the community that helped develop in me the beginnings of my passion as a runner was one that we could not pass up. Our great aim is to offer unparalleled service and expertise via our incredible staff team, present an unrivaled selection of the industry's leading brands and products that you, our consumer demands, and to meaningfully engage, in a tireless fashion, a community of runners, walkers, on-my-feet-all-day-ers, and non-profit entities in need of a strong partner and advocate. We understand the importance of the right FIT, be it your footwear, apparel, accessories, or running group. Our operation has little to do with us, and much to do with YOU! Briefly, a little more information on our family: Ginny (Genevieve) is 3, she's rough, messy, quick to forgive, and loves a good puzzle. Sydneyis 5 and is active, creative, emotional, and very smart (like her mom). Jackie hails from Ames but is a HAWKEYE through and through! She has left behind administrative work at an Iowa City area elementary school to join me on this endeavor. She'll out-bake your grandmother, outrun your sons and daughters, and has been voted wife and/or mother of the year for 10 years straight by her closest peer. I (Phil) ran my first Bix 7 at age 11 alongside my mother, and quickly fell in love with the sport. I attended Davenport Assumption HS, the University of Iowa, and have, in one way or another, been working in running specialty retail since graduation. Please, stop in the store, send us a note, or find us on the trails or at the city parks; we can't wait to meet YOU!
- Hometown: Davenport, IA
- # of years running: 17
- Current Training Shoe(s): Saucony Type A6, Nike Zoom Streak, Saucony Kinvara
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Duck Creek Recreation Trail, Sunderbruch Park
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: I hope to inspire, encourage, and enable individuals in the Quad City area to reach their personal wellness goals and find joy in being a part of a greater community of runners, walkers, and others.
- Food weakness: Most all of it.
- Personal mantra as a runner: Not a huge mantra guy; I'll occasionally recite/recall Scripture mid-run.
- Running goal: Prolong the days where I feel like I'm getting faster/stronger with age; I know, however, they are numbered...
- Currently training towards: Bix, Dam to Dam, Chicago Marathon
- Running highlight: Finishing well (at all, really) at 2013 Ironman Wisconsin
- Running low point: My first and only DNF/dropout in a race at the 2015 Wildcat 50k
Training Programs Coordinator
- Hometown: Ames, IA
- # of years running: 15
- Current Training Shoe(s): Saucony Ride, New Balance Zantes, Brooks Ghost
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Duck Creek Recreation Trail towards Emeis
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: I hope to make everyone feel welcomed, valued, and appreciated right where they're at, whether "fit", far from it, or on some sort of journey from one to the other!
- Food weakness: Warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven.
- Personal mantra as a runner: Something is always better than nothing!
- Running goal: After baby, my goal is to break 20:00 in the 5k!
- Currently training towards: Having baby #3
- Running highlight: Training for and completing the Pigman Sprint Triathlon (Palo, IA)
- Running low point: Finishing second-to-last in the 800m at the Iowa High School State Track Meet
- Hometown: Bettendorf, IA
- # of years running: 12
- Current Training Shoe(s): Saucony Ride, Zealot and Kinvara
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Duck Creek Recreational Trail and Riverfront Trail
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: To help people find a love for running, and, to submerse myself in a community of people who will further motivate me to become a better runner myself!
- Food weakness: Chips and salsa; every day, if possible...
- Personal mantra as a runner: Set a goal and chase it down.
- Running goal: Run a sub 3:10 marathon
- Currently training towards: Chicago Marathon (2016)
- Running highlight: running my first marathon and qualifying for Boston with a 3:17, then actually running the Boston Marathon as my second! Also, breaking the school record at Augustana in the steeple chase on one of the very last meets of my college career!
- Running low point: Running my third marathon and hoping for a PR but not achieving it due to severe cramping/dehydration.
- Hometown: Gurnee, IL
- # of years running: 11
- Current Training Shoe(s): Saucony Kinvara, Nike Pegasus, Adidas Adios Boost
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Anywhere along the river.
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: I think running is pretty cool so I want others to think it is pretty cool.
- Food weakness: Pizza.
- Personal mantra as a runner: I want to run places I have never been before and go places most people have never seen.
- Running goal: Enjoyment
- Currently training towards: Seeing how fast I can get
- Running highlight: finishing 55th in the Chicago Marathon
- Running low point: In 2013, I couldn’t run for an entire year because of a hamstring injury.
- Hometown: Dewitt, IA
- # of years running: 10
- Current Training Shoe(s): Asics Kayano
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Bettendorf bike path
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: To provide the customer with the best experience I can and to help them find a good comfort zone
- Food weakness: Wings
- Personal mantra as a runner: If you can take it, you can make it
- Running highlight: Getting All-State my senior year in track
- Running low point: Being diagnosed with compartment syndrome in summer of 2016
- Hometown: Dixon, IL
- # of years running: 10
- Current Training Shoe(s): Brooks Glycerin, Brooks Launch, Adidas Ultra Boost
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Along the river
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: To ensure everyone is in the precise gear so they can strive to the best of their abilities
- Food weakness: Cheese curds and wings
- Personal mantra as a runner: Mind over miles
- Running goal: Run sub 26 in the 8k. Qualify for the marathon at NAIA Nationals
- Hometown: Moline, IL
- # of Years Running: 7
- Current Training Shoes: Inov8 for trail running, Nike Lunerglides, Nike Metcons for crossfitting
- Favorite Spot to run or workout in the QC: Illiniwek Forest Preserve, Quad City Crossfit
- Personal mission statement as a FF employee:I hope to use my passion for fitness and wellness to help support, guide and prepare Quad Citizens and visitors alike.
- Food Weakness: Cookies, pizza, brownies and just about everything else
- Personal Mantra as an athlete: Anyone can do it. So do it.
- Running Goal: Becoming more mentally strong, increasing my mileage
- Currently Training towards: Turkey Trot, Quad City Crossfit's Christmas Classic, Ragnar Trail Kentuckiana
- Athletic Highlight: Using my fitness to better understand myself and the world around me
- Athletic Low Point: Going into the Swiss Valley trail run physically and mentally unprepared
Fit Specialist and Assistant Training Programs Coordinator
- Hometown: Clarence, IA
- # of years running: 5
- Current Training Shoe(s): Brooks Pureflow
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Anywhere along the river
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: To help everyone on their wellness goals whether it's through finding the right footwear and equipment, encouraging them in a training program, or introducing them to a great community of runners
- Food weakness: Tacos, pizza, guacamole, seafood
- Personal mantra as a runner: Don't be afraid to give up the good and go for Great! Also, Run Happy.
- Running goal: Qualify for Boston Marathon
- Currently training towards: Dam to Dam and Chicago Marathon
- Running highlight: Running my first marathon in Chicago on a beautiful course, and beautiful weather with a group of amazing University of Iowa Dance Marathon Runners.
- Running low point:
- Hometown: Iowa City, IA
- # of years running: 20+ (I started running with my dad on his easy days and biking with him on his long runs when I was pretty young)
- Current Training Shoe(s): Nike Pegasus 33
- Favorite run spot in the QC: Riverfront/Great River Trail (IA/IL)
- Personal mission statement as an FF employee: Running has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. A lot of my most cherished memories, most of my best friends and probably too much of my focus is all related to running in some way or another. And I know that all of that would be impossible if I was improperly fitted or given bad guidance. As a Fit Specialist at Fleet Feet Sports I want every person that walks through our doors to be able to enjoy whatever they do, be it running, walking, working out at the gym or just thriving day-to-day as somebody who is on their feet a lot, as much as I have enjoyed running. By asking the right questions, being thorough in our fit process and having a genuine interest in everyone's needs gives me the unique opportunity to make a large impact on our customers' lives. I want every customer that I have the chance to work with to leave knowing they have been outfitted with the best footwear, apparel, accessories and advice available. If I am doing my job right we can all be as eager and excited to get after whatever it is that makes us tick.
- Food weakness: Pizza, although personally I don't count that as a weakness
- Personal mantra as a runner: Sometimes running can feel like a chore. I have had plenty of days where the last thing I feel like doing is getting out the door for a run. Fortunately, since running is not my livelihood I can always remind myself that I do this for fun and make any needed adjustments so as to always enjoy the sport, even on those days that I feel like I hate it.
- Running goal: I have two goals: to continue training as long as possible and to make daily improvements as a runner.
- Currently training towards: Chicago Marathon
- Running highlight: Grandma's Marathon 2012. It was in this race that I PR'ed in the marathon, and even though my time was still way off my goal PR in the marathon it is still the only marathon that I felt strong and smooth from start to finish.
- Running low point: There are many and it would be difficult to single one out. However they all have a common theme; any time I am feeling too sick, injured or unmotivated to train or race according to an arbitrary set of standards I have laid out for myself.